You want to focus on your writing. Let me help you with the technical details. I specialize in non-fiction, particularly history, medical history and biography.
INDEXING SERVICES: book indexing to Chicago Manual of Style specifications. Includes editing to catch errors and redundancies.
DOCUMENT EDITING SERVICES: Expert formatting of Microsoft Word documents, and editing to catch errors and redundancies. Documents can be saved in .docx or .pdf format.
Books I have worked on
“Alberta’s Medical History: Young and Lusty, and Full of Life” (by Dr. Robert Lampard)
“Deans, Dreams And a President: The Deans of Medicine at the University of Alberta, 1913-2009 (by Dr.
“Medicine Makes a Wonderful Life” (biography of Dr. William A. Cochrane, by Dr. Robert Lampard);
“A History Of Children’s Cancer Care In Calgary And Southern Alberta” (by Dr. David H. Ross Truscott);
“Pathways To Education” (by Dr. Robert Lampard, Henry Wostenberg, et al.)
More Resources For Authors
Dustwood Media’s Photo Editing Services: includes trimming, resizing, and adding captions to photos. See the Photo Editing page for details.
Self-Publishing Resources from Lulu.com: Besides providing self-publishing services for authors, Lulu.com also offers free resources for authors, including a New User Guide, links to professional services like editors and cover designers, and a Book Pricing & Planning Tool.
Enjoy a Creative Workshop Experience at Forestwriting.com: “A workshop experience where pen and nature merge to create an empowering space for well-being. Activities are a combination of meditation, forest oracle introductions, poetry writing, and reflective writing. Activities are time dependent and reflective of participant interest. All activities are for those interested in connecting with trees. No writing experience necessary. All workshops are offered by donation.”
Forest Writing Productions is located in Bear River, Nova Scotia, Canada.
My author’s services are available to clients locally from Digby to Annapolis Royal, and via the Internet anywhere in Canada. .
INITIAL CONSULTATION: before beginning to work together, we will discuss your needs in a free personal consultation (in person or by phone or email).
WORKSITE: I generally work from my home office, but can work on-site with local clients in the Digby to Annapolis Royal area.
OPTIONS FOR GETTING YOUR MATERIALS TO ME:
- For indexing, documents in Word or .pdf format can be emailed to me. Indexes will be created in .docx format but finished indexes can be saved to .pdf or other formats if needed. NOTE: Book indexing is done from the completed manuscript; if editing is required after indexing is begun, the indexing will need to be re-done.
- For editing, documents in Word or .pdf format can be emailed to me (.pdf documents will be converted to .docx for editing).
- For photo editing, print photos can be mailed (or brought to me if you are local). Digital photos can be emailed. NOTE: Any common image format (.jpg, .tif, .png, etc.) is acceptable, but lossy formats like JPGs must NOT have been edited and re-saved previously. Digital images should be as large as possible.
- Original materials will be returned to the client unless otherwise requested.
- The client is responsible for the cost of mailing.
Hourly: $25/hour, usually billed monthly.
Or you can pre-pay for a block of time in advance. (With a pre-paid block I will send you a timesheet showing the time used and the amount remaining).
Interested? Contact me to arrange a free initial meeting.