MUSIC DATABASES: Keep track of your music, including original music, albums, and digital recordings, with a specially-designed spreadsheet database. Record titles, media, details, descriptions, prices, and other data (including websites where music is available, other musicians on the recording).
I create your specialized spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel. Don’t have Microsoft Office? I can save your spreadsheet in Apache Open Office Calc format (download Apache Open Office for free at www.openoffice.org).
An additional useful tool I can create for you is a Word document giving album and track descriptions – useful for creating album covers, descriptions, and uploading to artist websites.
GET YOUR MUSIC ONLINE: Looking for a great place to sell your music online? Get your music set up on BandCamp.com:
“Bandcamp’s mission is to create the best possible service for artists and labels to share and earn money from their music, and for fans to discover and enjoy it… When you buy something on Bandcamp, whether it’s digital music, vinyl, or a t-shirt, ticket or cassette, 80-85% of your money goes to the artist, and we pay out daily. The remainder goes to payment processor fees and Bandcamp’s revenue share, which is 10-15% on digital items, and 10% on physical goods.”
(Find out more at the About page, https://bandcamp.com/about, and the Artist’s Guide, https://bandcamp.com/guide).
By the way, you don’t have to pay anything extra for a BandCamp account; they make all their money from music sales.
My Virtual Assistant services are available locally to clients in the Annapolis Royal area of Nova Scotia (from Digby to Bridgetown), and via the Internet anywhere in Canada.
INITIAL CONSULTATION: before beginning to work together, we will discuss your needs in a free personal consultation (in person or by phone or email).
WORKSITE: I generally work from my home office, but can work on-site with local clients in the Annapolis Royal area.
OPTIONS FOR GETTING YOUR MATERIALS TO ME:
- Drafts of information to be entered into spreadsheets can be brought to my home office (local clients), emailed or mailed. (Or, at a pinch, dictated over the phone).
- If you have an existing spreadsheet you’d like updated, it can be emailed to me. Otherwise I will design the spreadsheet to your specifications, emailing the results to you for your approval.
- Have your spreadsheet updated regularly with new data.
- Original materials will be returned to the client unless otherwise requested.
- The client is responsible for the cost of mailing.
- Information needed to set up your BandCamp page can be emailed to me. Materials for uploading to Bandcamp include WAV files of all songs. These can be shared with me via Google Drive, DropBox or HighTail. Descriptions will come from your music spreadsheet or descriptions .DOCX file.
FILE FORMAT: I can accept document or spreadsheet files in Word (.doc, .docx) or Excel (.xls, . xlsx) format, or in any other common word processor or spreadsheet format. Note: I am able to convert PDF files to .docx or .xlsx files, so these can be edited as well. You can also send JPG files or other image formats as drafts; these should be as large as possible for the sake of clarity. I can accept music files in standard formats, but the most useful for uploading online are WAV and MP3 files. (I can convert from other file formats using Goldwave).
COPYRIGHT: the artist is responsible for copyrights. See my Copyright page for helpful information.
Hourly: $20/hour, usually billed monthly.
Or you can pre-pay for a block of time in advance. (With a pre-paid block I will send you a monthly timesheet showing the time used and the amount remaining).
Interested? Contact me to arrange a free initial meeting.